Students and instructors attend class in person with enhanced health protections, including wearing face coverings and decreasing classroom density.
Students participate in a mix of in-person and online modes. For example, you may be in a rotating group that alternates between in-person and online meetings following the weekly class schedule. Or you may participate in lectures online and labs in person. The exact mix of in-person and online will be determined by your instructor.
The instructor and students are online simultaneously, and your instructor provides content in a live online platform.
For the majority of coursework, students and instructors are not required to be online simultaneously, and students complete their work through D2L.
You can find information about which format your courses will be in UAccess Student Center. See the spring registration information for an example of how to find the class format for a given course.
Spring 2021 Calendar
The faculty senate approved a decision to replace the 2021 Spring Break with a series of Reading Days spread throughout the Spring 2021 semester. This adjustment to the academic calendar is a necessary component of our ongoing commitment to limit the spread of COVID-19 in the Tucson community and across the nation by reducing travel by faculty, staff and students.
Minimizing Exposure on Campus
Minimizing exposure to coronavirus is key to protecting UArizona students, faculty and staff from COVID-19.
We accomplish this by following the hierarchy of controls.
Reduce the hazard
- At least 50% reduction of students in classrooms
- Hybrid course offerings and staggered schedules for face-to-face instruction
- Online option always available for high-risk students
Separate from the source of exposure
- Improved air filtration in HVAC systems
- Increased fresh air mix in building ventilation wherever feasible
Change interactions and environment
- Frequent classroom cleaning (5 days/week)
- Modified traffic flows and one-way paths within buildings
- EPA-approved disinfectant and hand sanitizer
- Revised classroom and building occupancy
Protect yourself and the community
- Do not come to campus if sick
- Wear face coverings as required in classrooms, buildings and outdoor areas of campus
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people
- Wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer
- Practice good hygiene and disinfect surfaces