IF YOU FEEL SICK
- Stay home: people who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to self-quarantine at home during their illness.
- Monitor your symptoms and seek emergency care immediately if your illness is worsening (e.g., difficulty breathing, inability to stay awake, bluish lips or face). If seeking medical care, call the doctor's office or emergency room ahead and tell them about your symptoms.
- Campus Health is testing for COVID-19 – please call (520) 621-9202 before you come in.
- Campus Health is testing individuals who are concerned that they are infected with or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Campus Health testing is only students, staff, and faculty of the University at this time.
- Campus Health providers will evaluate patients and order testing if appropriate.
- Campus Health offers both PCR and Rapid Antigen Testing.
- Antibody testing is available for Arizona health care workers and first responders, as well as UArizona staff & faculty as of mid-July.
- Antibody testing for UArizona students is available as of mid-July.
- Find out more from the CDC: What To Do If You Are Sick
According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Check the updated CDC list of symptoms for more information.
PROTECT YOURSELF & OTHERS
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. You can take steps to slow the spread:
- Wearing a Face Covering
- When you're around others, wear a cloth face covering over your mouth and nose.
- Physical Distancing
- Hand Washing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (for 20+ seconds).
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Continuous Cleaning
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces: door handles, groceries, take-out food containers, countertops, kitchen areas and cell phones.